THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
Visit my profile

Tir na nOg

2 February 2009

Queen's English

I shall try to explain so you will understand
the usage of shall or will in English Grammar.
Both shall and will are auxiliary verbs
predominantly relating to the future.

Shall is used with the preceding nouns I or we;
I shall write a free verse poem and we shall read it;
as the case in point is apt, so to speak.

Now will relates to the nouns you, it, he, she and they;
it will rain tomorrow and he will walk her home;
she will kiss him goodnight and they will live happily ever after.
You will use grammar correctly, if you don't mind.

This is all very well unless one is from the US of A
where all nouns relate to will and shall hardly ever happens,
but as far as correct English as spoken by our Queen
I shall use both as correct in English Grammar.

I conclude with this thought
Shall I submit for your contest or shall I not?
If I do may I suggest a follow up
of how to use would, could and should. 



© Jem Farmer 2009, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment