THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
Visit my profile

Tir na nOg

30 April 2009

Valley Dreams

 

 

In the green valleys that I wander in,
beside Welsh mountains where I long to be,
kin of mine shall meet with ancestral kin,
freely in the valleys where I am free.


Legend told in verse the way of legend,
kings and princes battled with English kings,
endless dream that portend the daylight's end
sings of love as the heart of beauty sings.

 
Dreamy thoughts of love can fill my daydream,
courting the eye of one who has me caught,
stream the babbling voices of mountain stream,
sort the first moment when my dreams she sought.


Here in my valleys, a heart's song to hear,
peer into me and in my dreams appear.

 

cader Cader Idris


JF 29 April 2009

 

‘If a man should sleep upon Cader Idris, he shall wake up mad or a poet’ --- Welsh Legend

 

‘I knew I was mad, now I know why’ --- Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment