THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
Visit my profile

Tir na nOg

7 June 2008

Day of Rest

My ideal as I rise early with the birds
to most I suppose that is quite absurd.
Coffee brewing, the aroma fills the room
sipped slowly over the paper, so full of gloom.

Not that I read the news in the Telegraph,
I like my cryptic as I laze, is that daft?
Laundry in the washing machine, spinning,
everything in order, I think I am winning?

So, while I have a chance, I’m off for a wander,
a musing round the farmer’s market, organic wonder.
Leg of lamb and vegetables for the family roast,
I wish I could get away with just beans on toast.

Fruit for a crumble and fresh clotted cream,
a tad sinful but it does taste like a dream.
Selection of crusty bread and various cake,
I am a working mum; I don’t get time to bake.

Lunch over, the rabble sorted till it’s time for tea,
time for my relaxation with thread, my embroidery.
Quiet solitude, my idea of bliss, and so very rare,
this is my day to be me, without worry or care.

© Jem Farmer 2008, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment