THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
Visit my profile

Tir na nOg

13 June 2008

Wolf Cry


I heard your call, carried on the breeze,
a guide from beyond taking my hand.
A distant drum from across the seas,
a child, how could I understand?

Skin darker, I stood out against the fair,
no one was brave enough to answer me.
In my dreams I was free in your care,
one day the truth I would see.

Lost and confused teen in wilderness lie,
once again you called out, I heard you.
Across the seas, on a plane I did fly,
you showed me your pride, myself now true.

My heritage from you fills me with pride,
named 'Shewolf' in a language so strange.
Yet like the drum, it beats deep inside,
so long denied me, now will never change.

Spirit calls often from across the veil,
even now you still hold my hand.
My guide as the sea of life I sail
onward to that promised land.

I live so far from our Sacred Lands
but never alone as beside me you walk.
One day I'll return to the tribal bands,
for now I have our spirit talk.

For you, my dad, I keep my head high
feel your honour and pride my soul engulf.
You are a part of me even when I sit and cry
the soft deep whisper 'Be strong lil wolf'.

© Jem Farmer 2008, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment