THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
Visit my profile

Tir na nOg

4 June 2008

Grease Is The Word


My first summer of love on that beach,
First hand held, first kiss, to the sounds of 'Grease'.
'Summer Lovin'' high in the chart did reach,
Just no idea who had my heart's first lease.

Summers in Blackpool changed for me that year,
I lost interest in building sand castles.
I longed for the nights spent under the pier,
Love was free, no promises or hassles.

Days spent out and about with mum and dad,
Then I could go play with my 'little friend'.
Backs turned, their angel would then become bad,
Rollercoasters, rides then to the sand's end.

I don't know your name nor picture your face,
You opened my mind to a special place.

© Jem Farmer 2008, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment