THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
Visit my profile

Tir na nOg

1 August 2008

Flashback

Another night another flashback
A scream then pain, fear, darkness, alone
Your fist in my face, hands round my neck
Forgiveness I can give you none

You tore into me, taking my soul from me
I could not cry, just wanted to die
You didn’t have the nerve to give me that
Your love nothing but a destroying lie

Now you and your anger are history at last
I have moved on leaving you with your guilt
I feel joy, happiness, needed and loved
A life without you I have built

Yes, I still flashback, not that you will know
I am strong and though your hands did beat
My body and mind, it is once more mine
And that is something you will never defeat

I don’t hate you, I don’t waste the emotion
You are worthless, pathetic, nothing but scum
My revenge if I desired it, is simple, my sons
Nothing like their father have become

They believe in honour, trust, and respect
They believe in truth, they are gentle young men
Your abuse and your violence is history
My sons are the future, a hateful past long behind them.


© Jem Farmer 2008, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment