THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
Visit my profile

Tir na nOg

5 August 2008

Sesquipedalian and Panoply

Syllabic: ses·qui·pe·da·li·an

Pronunciation: ses-kwi-pi-dey-lee-uhn

Definition: 1. given to using long words.
  2. (of a word) containing many syllables.
  3. a sesquipedalian word.

Syllabic: pan·o·ply

Pronunciation: pan-uh-plee

Definition: a wide-ranging and impressive array or display


I love long words when I play Scrabble
If I use all my tiles I score double.
Now writing poems I count the sounds
Made by letters in order bound.

Sesquipedalian words are fun to play
If I find more than six in one I may
Scream in a panoply of ecstasy and joy
The long words are still a my fave toy.

Is this cheating the word game today
As I have played two in one rhyming way
Oh well that is the dice and I got lucky
So I guess really its my game so just ducky.

© Jem Farmer 2008, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment